The end of September saw Microsoft Ignite once more come to Orlando for a 26,000-people strong week of news, announcements, and sessions on a huge variety of Microsoft technologies — from Skype to Teams to Windows 10. Here’s a few big announcements all IT pros should be aware of:
- Microsoft’s making a push toward a new passwordless era
- AI is a big part of numerous Microsoft strategies
- Add your company-specific skills to Cortana
- New Internet of Things and Edge Computing products
- The Open Data Initiative in partnership with Adobe and SAP
Even if you didn’t attend, there’s still a ton of content Microsoft’s made available: more than 1,000 on-demand sessions get into nitty gritty details for the vast array of applications on offer.
There’s also a much smaller selection of the real big stuff including Azure, an end-to-end tour of the developer platform, and the technology and vision keynotes.
The highlights from this year's conference can be found in the Microsoft Ignite 2018, Book of News. Read it here.
Like the look of Microsoft Ignite? You can already pre-register for 2019 here!